Today has been a total blur for me. I've pretty much either been in bed or in the bathroom. I caught something last night (probably food poisoning) and it haunted me all night and all day. Soooo miserable. Matthew was a saint and took care of Zetta and me all day, I would have been lost without him. He went on a special run for chocolate pudding- it was the only thing that sounded good. And he even read a couple chapters of his new book to me while I rested.
The other bugs that have been a major nuisance to me are the creepy crawly kind. The ants have stopped invading our kitchen. I made sure the sugar and honey are tucked away beyond sight. But the spiders, earwigs, and mosquito's are in full swing. I like to have the windows open during the day when the sun is out, and I think the bugs are taking advantage of it.
A few days ago a yellow/orange spider followed me on my towel to the shower. It crawled off and scurried into hiding while I screamed bloody murder. Matthew came to find it and kill it, but he gave up after a few minutes. I whined for a while about having to get it myself, but I found it hiding behind a shampoo bottle after I got in. I'm glad I was able to just spray it down the drain, I really hate having to smash spiders, the crunch is what gets me.
Now I'm off to get the blood thirsty suckers. It's a never ending hunt, we're both convinced they are super mosquito's- faster, stronger, and bigger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You forgot to mention all of the moths hiding in the shower room. They also like to wait at the front door until I open it, and then they flood in. ahhhh the joy of african insects.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you need a mosquito net!
ReplyDeleteAnd feel better Katie!
ReplyDelete